Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012!!!!!!!!!

Happy New Year's!!  Well as you can tell I have not been the best at blogging this past year (in my defense we have had a VERY busy year) so I thought I would give you a recap of what has happen with us during 2011.

In February we celebrated Cooper's 1st birthday!  He is definitely the light of his TamTam and Poppa's world.

Cooper having his birthday cupcake
In March we went to Disney World with Jared and Cassidy.  Unfortunately I did not take any pictures so I have none to share with you. It was Cassidy's first time so we had a blast!  Also in March I went with Rob to San Diego - him for business and me a little sunshine!

In May we put our home on the market and it sold after FIVE short days of being listed and we closed the loan 14 days after we listed it.  Fortunately the couple who bought it were kind enough to let us rent it back from them for the month of June while we decided exactly where we were going to move.

We lived here for 24 years
The first of May (a day after we put our house up for sale) Rob, my friend Myrna and I went to Alabama to surprise my Mom for Mother's Day.  Myrna and I spent the week in Alabama but Rob was only able to spend a few days before flying back to Utah (and phoning me in Alabama to tell me we had sold our house).
Rob and Mother - we sure miss all the beautiful trees and "green"  they have in Alabama
Me and my brother

Myrna with Amy, Hollis and Sarah Todd standing in my Mom's front yard

The end of May we went to Hawaii with our wonderful little family to celebrate Jared's completion of his Master's Degree and mine and Rob's 32 wedding anniversary.  We rented a condo on Waikiki and had a blast showing Cassidy around our ole stoppin' grounds.  Unfortunately Cooper was not a fan of the ocean or the pool - that is definitely something we have to work on with him for our next trip to the Islands!!

Standing in front of the King Kamehamehai statue in Honolulu (thanks Mel for taking this picture)


The kids in front of Chinaman's Hat

In June my adorable niece Amy, her husband, Todd and three kids came to visit us.  Amy had been once before but her husband and kids had not so we delighted in showing them our beautiful state and the surrounding areas.  In one week we went to Yellowstone, Jackson Hole, Snowbird, the Salt Flats, Park City, the Copper Mine, Temple Square - well to say the least it was a busy, fun week for us and it was also a wonderful distraction for me to keep my mind off our upcoming move!

In Yellowstone Park


Standing in front of the Salt Lake Temple

After we took my niece and her fam to the airport we came home and loaded up the moving vans and moved in with Brandy, Dave and Cooper for the next four months while we built a new home in South Jordan, Utah.  South Jordan is an up and coming area in the Salt Lake Valley, close to both our kids (we actually "like" our kids and love being close to them).

Also in June, at Father's Day dinner, Jared and Cassidy announced that we were going to have another "light" come into our home!  They are expecting a little boy the first of February.  We are so excited for baby Graham to join our family and to have another little one to spoil (isn't that what grandparents are suppose to do???).



Cassidy 8 months pregnant

In July I went with Rob to Mt. Laurel, New Jersey which is the headquarters for his company.  It was the most boring week of my life since there is not much to do in Mt. Laurel or the surrounding area.  I have assured Rob that I will not be going back with him again ( I even told his boss in New Jersey not to plan on us EVER moving back there, even though George really thinks I need to give it another try)!

In September Rob and I went to Phoenix for a few days and stayed at the Biltmore (it is a beautiful resort).  Once again business for him and "sun" for me.  It was a great trip!


Arizona has the most beautiful sun sets

In October we went to Ft. Lauderdale (yes, business/sun) but unfortunately there was NO sun for me!  It rained the entire time we were there.  We had a room on the beach and I got to lay on the bed and watch the rain pound the sand for four "glorious" days.

The first of November we moved into our new home.  I have decided that moving is hard work and I don't think I will be doing it again for a very, very long time!  I don't know what I would have done without Brandy because she has pretty much organized our entire house (when Rob can't find something I always suggest he call Bran).  She has missed her calling in life - she really should be a professional organizer because she is really good at it!

Our new home

The week before Thanksgiving my Utah "adopted" Dad past away.  He had experienced some health issues and memory loss for the past few years but his death still was very sudden.  I had the honor of being with him as he left this earth.  Rob was asked to conduct and speak at his funeral, I spoke at the funeral and Jared and Dave were pallbearers.  It was a hard week emotionally.

Celebrating Alma's birthday at his favorite restaurant, HoHo's

I was ready to boycott Christmas this year and be a Scrooge and not put up any decorations, but once again my little chicklets came to the rescue and made our home bright and festive for the holidays.  I know I have said it many time, and you will hear it many times in the future, but Rob and I were blessed with totally amazing kids (that includes Dave and Cassidy) that help us so much.
Christmas morning - as you can tell Santa spoiled us!


Graham even had his own stocking and Santa left him gifts as well (can you imagine what it will be like next year when he is actually here)!



Cooper did not know which toy to go to first....

...but I think he really liked the drum set!

So as you can tell 2011 was a busy year for us but it was also an exciting year.  I am so blessed to have the most amazing husband in the world and the most supportive kids on the planet.  And I never realized that being a TamTam could be as much fun as it has been.  I am grateful that Rob, Jared and Dave all have great jobs, that we have had no major health problems, that we are blessed with supportive friends and family and most of all I am grateful for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 

Happy 2012 to each and every one of you that may read this!!!!

2 comments:

Brandy J. said...

Awesome update! You have had a busy and blessed year. Yes, you have awesome kids, but we also have awesome parents. Happy 2012.

Tim and Heidi said...

Looks like a good year! An eventful one at that! I'm a little jealous how close you are with your kids though, I wish my Mom was a little more like you!