Sunday, May 20, 2012

Our Mickey and Minnie Adventure!

This past January, February and March Rob was doing alot of traveling for work.  The middle of February through the first of March he had three out of town meetings literally back to back with no time to come home in between.  He went from Salt Lake City to New Jersey, from New Jersey to Florida and from Florida to California.  So I decided if I was going to see him during those weeks I would have to meet up with him at one of his stops.  His week long meeting in Florida was being held at the Grand Floridian on the Disney Property so I decided that would be the ideal place for me to join him.  Unfortunately when Rob is traveling for business I am alone during the day and only get to see him for a few hours in the evening.  So with that being said, I enlisted my sweet little "Utah" Mom to come along with me for a Mickey and Minnie Adventure.

Carole was married for 60 years and her husband just passed away this past November.  Carole has never done much traveling (besides to Alaska where her sister lives and California where her son lives) so it was exciting to take her to Florida and to see Disney World through her eyes.  And I have to admit, I forget that Carole is 74 because she has more energy than I do!!

We had a blast!! We went to the Animal Kingdom Park.

To Epcot


And to MGM Studio


We got to join Rob and the rest of the attendees of the meeting for dinner with Mickey at the Aquarium at Epcot.



And Carole was even able to get a kiss from Rob....which he doesn't give freely!!!


My family is so lucky to have Carole in our life.  She is a great stand-in for my own Mom that lives so far away and she spoils us all rotten!! I am looking forward to our next trip together - hopefully this fall we will get to go to Alabama so she can meet all my Alabama family and see where I grew up.

1 comment:

Tim and Heidi said...

So jealous! I love anything Disney and I've never been to Disney World. Looks like you had a fabulous time!