Thursday, September 9, 2010

Father's Day 2010

I think that if you would ask Brandy and Jared they would tell you that they have the most amazing Dad in the world. He has always been there for the kids and would do anything they wanted or needed. He never missed a program they had a school, dance recital or soccer game. He is one dedicated Father and also in return he is one loved Father and husband. This Father's Day was his first one as a Poppa and he loved every second of having his little Cooper shower him with slobbery kisses and he didn't even mind the hugs and kisses from Bran and Jared!


Rob is the only boy with four sisters so he really never felt like he fit in with all the "estrogen" flowing in his home but he never doubted the love that his Mom and Dad had for him. He has fond memories of his Dad going on scout outings with him and teaching him handy man skills (which I am very grateful for).

My Dad has been gone for 15 years and I have missed every second of his absence. My Dad was not perfect by any means but he always had time to "sit and visit" and loved to be surrounded by his family. A week before he past away of cancer Rob had to leave Alabama and return for work in Utah while the kids and I remained in Alabama. Daddy knew it would be the last time he would ever see Rob (in this life) and he told my sweet husband as he walked out of the door, "you take care of my TamBo." I hope Daddy knows that Rob has done a great job of taking care of me and his two little fishing buddies.


I am so blessed to have had these wonderful Father's in my life.

(P.S. No wise cracks about my hair style - this picture was taken in 1987 and it was in style then!!)

1 comment:

Brandy J. said...

Happy be-lated Father's Day to the best dad a girl could ask for. You're a great Poppa too! We love you.