Monday, August 24, 2009

All In A Name!

Can the world really handle another JARED???
Jared still occasionally gets mail at our house. This past week he received a letter from a little girl on his mission that he had not heard from in several years. He was really close to her family when he served in the California San Jose Mission. She wrote that her Mother had recently had another child and that they had named the baby boy after Jared. Jared was thrilled! As we all sat around talking (Brandy, Dave, Jared, Cass, Rob and myself) it came out that Dave had a family that had named there newborn son after him on his mission, that Cassidy had a family that she use to babysit name a baby girl after her, that Brandy got her name from a little girl that Rob knew on his mission, my name came from the Tammy movie and Rob was the third generation of Robert's in his family (you can tell with Jared's name that Rob did not want to have a fourth generation)! Isn't it interesting how we get our names!!

4 comments:

Brandy J. said...

I was named after a Brandy but no one has been named after me. I think we need to fix that! Any takers?

On a more serious note, it is a true compliment to Jared to have a little one in CA running around with his name.

Brandy J. said...

By the way, this picture totally cracks me up!!

Darla said...

Yea...if your Jared is anything like my Jared, I'm not sure if the world can handle another one! That is wonderful that the CA family thinks so highly of Jared to name their child after him! (By the way...I miss seeing your smiling face, and hearing about your funny stories!)

Sarah said...

HaHaHa that picture is great! I never knew that about all of your guys' names that is so cool!